Over 20 Years Experience
Residential & Commercial Design
Granny Flat Designs & Solutions in Sydney, Newcastle, Central Coast & Surrounds
We can create unique granny flat plans specific to your NSW home
Sorensen Design has been designing and conceptualising granny flats since its inception in 2002. All of our staff are fully qualified and are passionate about granny flat designs in Sydney, Newcastle, Central Coast & surrounds no matter the size. Not only is our Director Adrian Sorensen an accredited chartered building designer with the Building Designers Association of Australia (BDAA), Adrian also has structural engineering qualifications ensuring Sorensen Design’ intricate knowledge of what can be done efficiently and structurally.
Sorensen Design can give advice on costings and the practicalities of undertaking a granny flat design. Grant flats are a great way to receive additional income, add value to your house and unlock unused areas of your land. At Sorensen Design we can not only design your granny flat, we can also facilitate the prompt approval through a private certifier or council. It is important when designing your granny flats to maintain privacy to both your home as well as the occupants to the granny flat, additionally ensuring the space is used efficiently and effectively.
Our team uses the latest in 3D building design software, providing our clients with high resolution 3D images and a 3D walk through of the granny flat, allowing to visualise the completed work. We provide a prompt and efficient service with same day quotations, as we place a high value on responsiveness and are truly passionate about what we do. We can’t wait to hear from you and begin designing your new granny flat! Do you need house granny flat designs Sydney? Do you need granny flat designs Newcastle? Contact us now!
Other Services We Can Help You With
Why design with Sorensen Design?
Sorensen Design are national award winning building designers and have been established since 2002. We design functional as well as visually appealing floor plans, ensuring your granny flat designs and prices are coordinated. We take your wants and desires and produce concept plans of your granny flat. We take care of all council approvals and of all other consultants e.g. structural engineers, certifiers and home energy rating. You as our client only have to focus on your new and functional granny flat. Call us now to get your obligation free consultation!
Why choose us?
- We have been established since 2002 and are multi-award winning building designers and town planners
- We have been members of the Building Designers Association of Australia (BDAA) continuously since 2004
- Our Director Adrian Sorensen is an accredited chartered building designer with the Building Designers of Australia Association (BDAA), with over 25 years of building design experience
- Sorensen Design & Planning has twice been awarded residential builder of the year in the Housing Industry of Australia (HIA) Housing awards
- We use licensed copies of archicad software, so we can produce high resolution 3D images of your project
- All of our staff are fully qualified with multiple years of building design and town planning experience
- We are a boutique company that services a wide area. However, we only take on a sufficient amount of clients to service them to the highest levels
- We are familiar with all council requirements, lodging your development application (DA) on your behalf, as well as engaging all other sub consultants e.g. structural engineers and surveyors where required
- Our most recent award proudly is the 2019 BDAA National Design Award Winner for New Residential Buildings over 450m2 and under $2500m2
- Winner of numerous other BDAA awards for renovations, new houses, multi-residential design, dual occupancy, alterations and additions, as well as bathrooms, kitchens and interiors
- We are passionate about what we do!
Adrian & his team were a pleasure to work with from the very start! Not only did SD design an awesome granny flat for me, for an additional room/garage for our teenage son, they took care of the entire Development Application process and also advised us on the practicalities in building it.
- Brad White